A liver transplant treatment is suggested when the liver fails to respond to any form of treatment. Liver failure is a major reason for a liver transplant. A person with cirrhosis, chronic untreatable infection or any other last-stage liver disease needs a liver transplant.
Why Is Liver Transplant Done?
Some of the most common reasons for liver transplant are:
- Liver failure from hepatitis infection.
- Fatty liver from a long term poor diet.
- An autoimmune disease that attacks the liver.
- Metabolism disorder.
What Are The Things Considered Before Liver Transplant?
There are some factors that doctors take into account before recommending a liver transplant. These are:
- Severity of liver disease.
- Additional medical issues.
- Medical conditions such as tuberculosis or HIV.
- Mental and physical wellbeing.
Apart from these, a liver transplant is not possible without a donor organ. Until a healthy donor liver is available, the patient has to wait several days for the transplant program.
After receiving the donor organ, the doctor will have to check it for the shape, size and condition of the liver. Only a healthy liver can be used in a successful liver transplant surgery.
What Happens When A Donor Liver Is Found?
Liver transplant in Delhi or in any city in the country is a long process. Patients have to wait for weeks and even months or years before a healthy donor organ is found. But once the donor organ is found, the surgery procedure is very quick and without delay. A donor liver can be used for two patients. In some cases, the smaller portion of a healthy liver is mostly used for kids. The healthy right side of the liver is used for adult patients.
What Happens After a Liver Transplant?
After the liver transplant is done, the surgeon will recommend certain measures and precautions for you to follow. They may ask you to change some of your lifestyle habits and food habits. A healthy diet, moderate physical exercise and meditation are recommended.
Best Liver Transplant Doctor List
- Dr. Subhash Gupta
- Dr. T K Neelamekam
- Dr. Aabha Nagral
- Dr. Arvinder Singh Soin
- Dr. Vibha Varma
- Dr. Prasad K Wagle
For liver transplants in Delhi, you may visit the best hospital in Delhi for treatment. Apollo, Fortis, Max hospitals are the few best names for liver transplant in the country with maximum success rate.
Before you start your search for the best liver transplant doctors, the following things have to be kept in mind:
- Always learn about the doctor’s experience, years of practice and with which hospital they are involved.
- You should check the doctor’s surgery success record.
- You need to talk to your doctor about all the queries you have before the treatment starts.
- Consult with a doctor near you so that you can easily visit them whenever required.
One must always keep their liver healthy to avoid any kind of complications. Try to avoid alcohol and maintain a good diet for the strong and functional liver.