[toc]Are you having troubles with your day-to-day activities because of your teeth? Is the pain in your gums immobilizing you to have fun? Is the gap between your teeth taking away your smile? If your answer to these is affirmative, you may need to look for new teeth. Dental implants take the pain and the empty spaces in your gum away.
A dental implant consists of a titanium screw that serves as a replacement for the root of the tooth of yours that has fallen. It can provide support to one or more false teeth. And like an ordinary root of a tooth, it is fitted into your jawbone for a secure and long-lasting effect. They are the most natural and functional type of dental restoration.
When is it time to get a dental implant?
Sometimes, a small ache in your gums can grow to become a destroyer, and useless, tooth. Cavities tend to eat away the enamel and leave behind pain and bits of what used to be a functioning tooth. Hence, after the extraction of your rotten tooth, it becomes necessary to fill the gap.
You can find affordable dentals in Indianapolis, who will cater to your needs and your budget – in case of multiple implants. At the time of unfortunate accidents that may result in losing your teeth, you will require immediate aid through dental restoration. If the teeth to be restored are not next to each other, they will be fixed onto separate implants rather than a singular adjoining one.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
A well-functioning set of teeth bring about a sense of normalcy in your life. There are many things that dental implants are advantageous for;
- They can decrease pain in your jaw, or gums
- They can help you chew your food better
- They can bring confidence in your life – you will not shy away from smiling wide, anymore
- Any lisps or verbal complications that you were facing due to the absence of your teeth will disappear
- They look like any other, normal tooth; and complete your beautiful smile
How to care for your dental implants?
Dental implants in Indianapolis tend to come with further caretaking services and feel like the real deal. But, the most important thing to remember about dental implants is that, although they look and seem like a real tooth – they are artificial. Therefore, they need better care and treatment, as compared to a set of normal teeth.
- Make sure to floss once a day
- Brush after every meal
- Have regular, bi-yearly, check-ups with your dentist
- Be aware of any bleeding, or sore gums (seek professional help if any problem arises)
- When wearing temporary dentures, ensure that they are regularly maintained and that you wear them diligently
What to know before going into the procedure?
- The implants will hurt, but eventually get better; soon, the pain you had before the procedure will also disappear
- After the fixing of the titanium screw into your jaw, you will have to wait 3-4 months before the tooth is secured upon it
- Your implants will go through the healing process. Hence you will have to wear dentures
- After the removal of the dentures, the top of the screw will be secured by a ‘healing cap.’
Before indulging in having the procedure of dental implants done on yourself, make sure to be thorough about its consequences and risks. Although it is not risky, you need to be sure about your endurance. Hence, it is crucial to be under the care of a reliable professional who will assess your problems and understand your needs.