Summary: Cleaning the Tempurpedic Mattress covers is no rocket science as they are removable and machine washable. However, it is difficult to get rid of watermarks, stains, and moisture from the mattress, pad, and topper. Plus, it is advised never to bring them in contact with moisture or heat to keep the Tempur material intact.
We understand that your cool and comforting Tempurpedic mattress is no less than your valued possession and when you spill something on it, getting rid of the stain becomes your priority. Well, in cases where your mattress is more likely to suffer spills and stains, it is advised to top them up with Tempurpedic mattress Pads and covers which not only provide added comfort but also protect the mattress’s longevity. Plus, they are easier to clean.
Here, we’ve curated the best ways you can clean your Tempurpedic mattress pad and cover so that you can sleep in peace.
- Cleaning the Covers
It is advised to use the Tempurpedic Mattress Covers only for Tempurpedic mattresses as they do not hinder its ability to conform to the body shape. Plus, opt for a cover which has a zipper or is sewn in a removable fashion.
- For cleaning the cover, you need first to remove it off the mattress.
- For machine washing the cover, set the temperature of water at cold setting and put the cover in to wash.
- Now, for drying the cover, set the dryer at ‘cool air-drying’ mode. Over-drying the covers or using harmful chlorine-based detergents and chemicals can leave them worn out quickly.
- Dealing with the spills
Tempurpedic Mattresses come with a warning that the Tempur Material should never get wet, else it loses its ability to conform to the body heat. Therefore, it is advised to deal with spills judiciously through the following steps:
- If the mattress has a cover, machine-wash it with a mild detergent and leave it to air-dry.
- To deal with the liquid which has seeped in, you need a rough cloth to soak in all the moisture. To enhance the process, use your hands to sprinkle baking soda on it so that all the moisture is absorbed in it and gone.
- After you’ve allowed the baking soda to sit on the mattress for an hour or so, you can use a hand-held vacuum cleaner to go over the surface of the mattress and clean all the remains.
- Now, you need to let the mattress air-dry under a fan till you can find no trace of moisture on it.
Always use the wet-safe covers offered by the same brand to make sure that moisture never reaches the material or it can get ruined once and for all!
Medical air mattress and pads are designed with the same concept of conforming to the body heat and doesn’t require turning or flipping as they take the same firm shape year after year. However, there are a few precautions you need to keep in mind to ensure their longevity:
- Avoid any heating technique to clean the mattress as it will only leave it poorly damaged. The heat in any form can destroy the Tempur material.
- Always use the wet-safe Tempurpedic mattress covers so that the material doesn’t get wet and lasts longer than you can imagine.
There you have it! We hope that the above cleaning techniques help you keep your mattress in great shape over the years.