Muscle Cramps and Their Remedies
You may have felt a sudden throbbing pain in a part of your muscle. The pain starts suddenly and feels like your muscles are contracting in. This is a muscle cramp. Almost all of us have experienced painful muscle cramps. It may get more frequent in old age and pregnancies. Most of these cramps occur in our leg muscles. Muscle cramps can usually be prevented by certain healthy habits. There are remedies for reducing pain during cramps. Muscle cramps are common and can be treated at home. However, if cramps are very painful and keep occurring even after proper prevention measures, see a doctor.
Image source: Core products
Understanding Muscle Cramps
Muscle cramps are a sudden contraction of your muscles. They tighten rapidly and cause excruciating pain. This pain lingers until the muscles revert to normal. The most common form of cramps occurs in calf muscles and sometimes called “charley horses.” The words Cramp and strain are often used interchangeably. However, cramps and strains are very different. Cramps arise from muscle contraction, while strains involve damage to muscle fibers. Strains are a more serious condition that involves rest and long recovery periods to heal. Strains are caused by violent or intense physical activity, while one can experience a cramp even during sleep. Physiotherapy and stretching can ease your muscle cramps quickly, while rest is necessary to heal muscle strains. Pushing through cramps is beneficial while pushing through strains worsens the injury. Knowing the difference between the two is very important to know about the right actions to take. Seeking the help of a physiotherapist is always a good choice.
Causes of Muscle Cramps
- Muscle overuse or fatigue: Cramps can occur because of long physical sessions such as playing a sport or working out. Cramps usually arise during endurance activities. They are more related to muscle stamina than muscle strength. That is why we can see many cramp injuries in the final minutes of long-drawn football matches.
- Lack of minerals: Minerals such as calcium and magnesium play an important part in our muscle anatomy. If you are experiencing a lot of cramps lately, it may show a lack of these minerals.
- Pregnancy cramps: Cramps are common during the later months of pregnancy. The main reason is the lack of minerals in the mother’s body.
- Muscle inactivity: Muscle cramps can occur from both excess muscle activity and inactive muscles. Standing or sitting in the same pose for hours can cause cramps. Your sleep cramps are one example.
- Dehydration: Lack of hydration in muscles obstructs their functioning, and they can enter a state of shock that causes cramps.
- Due to certain medications: Some medications are known to cause cramps as side effects. Birth control pills, water pills, and steroids are examples. Consult your doctor if a medicine is causing cramps frequently.
Theraworx relief for cramps
Cramps can be cured by massage and applying ointments on the affected area. Theraworx relief is one such solution made for relieving pain. It is a clinically safe remedy and is known to work well in curing cramps and spasms. Theraworx relief comes in two types – Theraworx foam and Theraworx spray for leg cramps. Theraworx spray can be used very easily on-the-go. It delivers the same results as theraworx foam.
- How it works – The most active ingredient present in Theraworx is magnesium sulphate. Magnesium is an important element in curing muscle cramp. Along with magnesium, Theraworx contains aloe extract, Allantoin, Vitamin E, and colloidal silver. These ingredients work together to create a healing effect on your muscles.
- Directions – You can use the theraworx spray for leg cramps, waist cramps, sleep cramps, and other kinds of muscle cramps. Apply four pumps of it every morning and night on the affected area. Massage the product nicely until it gets absorbed. You will have cramp free days and nights. You can use theraworx sprays when you feel muscles cramping. It induces instant relief.
- Side effects – Theraworx relief has no side effects in general. It is a gentle solution that is certified safe for its ingredients. Though gentle, it has strong results for relief. These results are told by several people around the globe who have reviewed it on different websites and online stores. It has above four-star ratings in most of this website, which shows it is a beneficial product.
Understanding the causes of muscle cramps has helped in discovering remedies and cures. Medications like Theraworx relief fast-acting foam can be used for curing cramps effectively. You should also follow prevention measures and eat a mineral rich diet for not having cramps in the future.